What’s installed on the N97?
I’ve been busy installing some of the apps I have on my E71 and 5800XM onto the N97, so here is the rundown of everything installed to the mass memory of the N97 and how they work:-
– Gravity (Twitter App): My 1st install on the phone and it rocks with combination of touch, keyboard and keypad. Once Jan adds a homescreen widget this will rock.
– Nimbuzz (IM & Chat Client): Installed and working great on my N97, I have found one little bug with the text input bar which Nimbuzz are fixing as we speak.
– Profimail (Email Client): The N97 does come with Nokia Messaging installed, but I had problems with it opening and reverted to installing Profimail the best email client for S60.
– Mobbler (Last.fm Client): With the newest v0.06 released this week it brings a nice feeling to Mobbler to skip to next track moving the album art. Works great on the N97.
– MeCanto (Online Music Player): Formerly called Hyrax, this app works great on the N97 with touch and/or keypad control.
– Sky Mobile (Sky TV/Sky+ Record App): Again this works great with both touch and/or keypad control.
– BBC iPlayer: Installed directly form http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer and this is same version as the 5800XM uses.
– Wordmobi (WordPress Client): Had to install to the phone memory along with Python for it to work, but it installed and works great.
– X-Plore (File Manager): Installed and working great.
– Handy Taskman (Menu Task Manager): Best way to quickly launch any app on the N97. Couldn’t be without this.
– Shazam (Name that tune): Uses the same version installed on the 5800XM, just wish you could send tag details as I used to like to tweet them.
– Opera Mini (Web Browser): Great fast web browser for viewing websites, but fails it flash is involved. Works great on the N97, just wish Nokia would allow us to set this as our default browser.
– SymTorrent (Torrent Client): Now what is it I use this app for again? Oh yes I remember, I Remember 😀
– Best ScreenSnap: Capture screenshots of your phone, works great.
– Google Maps: I install this as standard on all my phones, comes in handy for finding various things.
– Nokia SportsTracker: Not available to download from the Nokia SportsTracker site for N97 or 5800Xm, but I managed to find a v2.06 which works well.
Pre-Installed Apps on the N97 out the box:
– Nokia Podcasting: Works great when you enter the nokiAAddict Web Directory into it 🙂
– Nokia Maps: Comes with only 30days Drive and Walk license, the N86 comes with 90days?
– Nokia Drawing: Small drawing program, basic, but effective.
– Nokia Active Notes: ALL Nokia’s should come with this pre-installed.
– Nokia Dictionary: ALL Nokia’s should come with this pre-installed.
– Nokia Share Online: OVI, Flickr and VOX uploads.
– QuickOffice: The read only version, I was spoiled with FULL version for free on my E71.
– Adobe PDF (15day Trial): I was spoiled with FULL versions for free on my E71.
– FM Transmit: Oh every phone should have this, brilliant for the car.
– Joikuspot Premium (30 day Trial): Very handy app to have indeed in those times you really need to access the PC on the move
– Psiloc World Traveler: Free Weather, World Clock and Currency Exchange. Starting to really like this app, if they could add a homescreen widget it would be great.
– AccuWeather: Has a homescreen widget as well.
– QIK: Stream Live video to the internet.
– Facebook: I really struggle to like Facebook, but it works.